A Fight For Glory in my own life?!


Fight For Glory 


For the longest time I have chased good grades to be known; feel special in some sense. There’s been this desire of wanting relevancy and recognition from it. I have done all my strength to study but to be honest, even if it gave me what I hoped for, it has never been good enough. I have tried to share my achievements so that people can know I’m smart and see me as the smart one but it’s never been enough either.


 In all this I must admit that this chasing has something wrong with it, because from time to time I wonder if I’ll ever let my soul be still or stop feeling this way, does this feeling only have to leave when I’m out of the situation? No. I’m to be better and fine even in this situation. I have allowed school to be such a huge part of my life with obsessing over good grades, I’ve probably missed out on many life time experiences I could have had. Haven’t we all?still not comforting.  


 But I thank God for revealing to me this now, even in my supposedly last exams, I’m glad I haven’t come out of school as It molded me but a better person because the Lord has taught me some good things that I wanted to find in school but couldn’t.


Here are a two things :

  1. I am known by my God already, and He is the King of kings .- I have called you by your name, you’re Mine. The desire to be known motivated most of my studying but now I’ll rest and be content in the fact that I’m already Known and I shouldn’t try so hard to be known by the world, because the world knows it’s own and I am not part of the world neither do I desire to be, for I am in Christ and he gave a prayer for me in John 17 that the Father may keep me from the evil in the world. To be known by the world I need worldly, flesh things as competition, envy etc. I’ll be known by His character in me. 

  1. Abide in me, and I in you, for I am the vine and you’re the branches, without me you can do nothing. Being in Christ is allowing Him to be in us and If He is, then we are to do things like He did, to glorify the Father. Many times I have robbed my God of  his glory by only thinking of me. I have used him to show his glory then get that glory as mine. In no wise is this Christ like

As a Christian I have to do everything to God’s glory and for Him to be seen and glorified. How do we glorify Him? Jesus said the Father is glorified if we bear much fruit, O how do i understand this,? Let’s see how it goes. We all know that many still are in need of a Savior. I need to desire that those souls come to Him and know him. 

The light that shines in us through good works glorified the Father because his character is seen in us. And if others see Him in us, they’ll come to know about Him too. 

So it makes sense now check this out, the father is glorified if we bear much fruit (of the HS) then as that fruit is in us we show forth good works in turn making our light shine. And others will see and ask,  when they ask we can point them to the Giver of all gifts. And they can get to know of him too. 

But to give God glory doesn’t mean we will be first, it’s up to Him to know where we can best glorify Him. 

So instead of going all in for my glory like I have been. Now, I want to subject myself to one who is greater than me and follow His lead, He will show forth his glory and I’ll rejoice in his glory. And where he sends I’ll go not to glorify myself but to lift his name on High. 

And He is the great King who knows me, that is enough. 

It’s you and I who decides who wins this fight for Glory, 

You or The good King? 

As for me I say: For Your Glory O King 👑 ..



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts